MILANA KANNADA KOOTA VISION
- BRINGING KANNADIGAS TOGETHER
- PROMOTE KANNADA CULTURE
- PROMOTE KANNADA LANGUAGE
MILANA KANNADA KOOTA MISSION
Milana Kannada Koota of Milwaukee is a cultural association promoting and preserving Kannada culture and heritage in Wisconsin.
• Support and promote educational, literary, and cultural activities pertaining to Kannada Language and heritage of Karnataka.
• Promote education of Kannada language to people of Kannada origin in Wisconsin.
• Encourage intercultural understanding among people of USA & Kannadigas in and around Wisconsin.
• Milana fosters Kannada culture by hosting regular cultural, charity events, marathons, Kannada workshops, plays, and movies.
• Conduct charity events to provide support to families facing financial hardships due to medical emergencies including but not limited to cancer, leukemia, and provide support to veterans.
OUR MOTTO IS TO BRING KANNADIGAS TOGETHER
Southeastern Wisconsin enjoys an ethnically diverse demography with immigrants from various parts of the world making it either their permanent home or part of their life even if only for a few years. Indian community of Milwaukee forms a major portion of this diverse population and Kannadigas (people from the South Indian state of Karnataka, who speak the language Kannada) make up a significant portion of this community.
Coming from Karnataka, one of the most industrialized and culturally rich states of India, Kannadigas are known to be resourceful, entrepreneurial, proud and welcoming. The Kannadiga population in metro Milwaukee area reflects this with a good mixture of professionals (Doctors, Lawyers, IT, Finance Professionals, etc.), entrepreneurs and businessmen.
Milana Kannada Koota of Milwaukee is a cultural association promoting and preserving Kannada culture and heritage in Southeastern Wisconsin. Founded in 1979 by a few proud Kannadigas in the Milwaukee area, it has grown into a formidable association fostering Kannada culture by hosting regular cultural events, workshops, plays and movies. While celebrating its roots, Milana also believes in celebrating the American values of liberty, freedom and respect for cultural diversity. Through its various activities, Milana has continually striven to inculcate in its youth and member families the importance of these cherished values. Milana is a member of AKKA – Association of Kannada Kootas of America.
MILANA BOASTS OVER 250 MEMBERS, SUPPORTED BY A DEDICATED COMMITTEE OF VOLUNTEERS WHO MANAGE MILANA’S ACTIVITIES.
Note: MILANA-Milwaukee Kannada Koota Inc is a Non-Profit Charitable Institution governed by Section 501(c)(3) of the IRS Code since Feb 2017.